Monday, September 20, 2010

Lecture - Sept 14th

The lecture last Tuesday was done by Peter Hanley. He had an interesting discussion about studios. Sadly, he does not have a studio of his own, but he does have a computer. Also, he discussed how all artists have studios in their heads, everything an artist does starts in their mind. This is very philosophical and very true. Everything I produce as an artist came from my mind, I ponder about a piece of artwork I want to compose and then I take that image from my head and put it on paper.  Sometimes art can be impulsive and you just run with no idea in mind, but the idea had to of been in your unconscious or it could have formulated while you are in the process of that piece of art. His lecture was very interesting and made me think a lot about the steps I take to produce art.

No comments:

Post a Comment